Terms & Conditions
This website is provided for information purposes only. NatCen makes every effort to ensure that the information is accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee the completeness and accuracy of the information shown. Anyone using the website and acting on information published on it does so at their own risk.
Accessing the website means that you agree that NatCen will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss arising from the use of the information on this website.
Anyone accessing the site agrees to do so for lawful purposes only, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
Links contained in the NatCen website lead to other websites, which are not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site or for any link contained within a linked site. Links are provided only as a convenience and do not imply any endorsement by NatCen.
Prize draw terms and conditions
Thank you for helping NatCen with SEED. Please read these terms and conditions for all information on your eligibility for the prize draw, as well as how and when it will be carried out.
- NatCen is the Promoter of this prize:
NatCen Social Research
35 Northampton Square
- The prize draw will be for one Apple iPad. Specifically the 64GB, space grey, wi-fi model with a 10.2 inch screen.
- This model is currently available on Apple’s website and retails for £319.00.
- We are not offering any alternative to this prize.
- You will be entered for the prize draw if you are over 18, are a parent or guardian of a child on the SEED database, and you get in touch with us to confirm or update your contact details via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than by 23:59 on 10th October 2021.
- Each household can only be entered once for the prize draw.
- You are eligible if your home address is in England. Unfortunately, we cannot enter anyone living outside England into the draw.
- You are eligible if your child, who is participating in the SEED study, was born between 1st September 2010 and 31st August 2011. (There will be a separate prize draw in Autumn 2022 for families with children born between 1st September 2011 and 31st August 2012.)
- Entry into the prize draw will close at midnight October 10th, 2021. We will not be able to enter anyone who contacts us after this date into the prize draw.
- This prize draw is not open for anyone not enrolled in SEED, for anyone on the SEED project team, or anyone working at NatCen.
Choosing the winner
- We will choose the winner by midnight on October 18th, 2021. The winner will be chosen at random from all those who are eligible, as described above.
- Our Research Director’s decision on the winner of the draw will be final.
Receiving the prize
- We will notify the winner in writing within five days of their selection, and the prize will be despatched by recorded delivery within 30 days.
- Once you have received the prize, NatCen will not be responsible for the prize winner’s use of the prize, or for any damage to the prize that comes from your use of it.
- Any defects eligible under warranty should be taken up with the manufacturer or retailer of the prize.